Sunday Afternoon Pickles
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 7 Cups
- 5 Min
- COOK TIME
- 2 Hr
- READY IN
- 2 Hr 5 Min
When you're just kickin' back on a lazy Sunday, you need an easy-to-make snack that you won't feel guilty about later. These Sunday Afternoon Pickles have the added bonus of staying good for weeks in the fridge so you've always got some munchies handy.
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 cups peeled and thinly sliced Kirby or other cucumbers (about 3 pounds)
What To Do:
- In a large bowl, combine the vinegar, water, sugar, and salt; mix well. Add the cucumbers and toss until well coated.
- Cover and chill for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
- This will keep in a sealed container in the refrigerator for several weeks.
You can spice it up a bit by adding a handful of chopped scallions or dillweed along with the cucumbers.
Don't stop there! We've got even more fantastic recipes with pickles right here.
- What else can you make on a lazy Sunday? Why, you can make these Day Off Chocolate Croissants, of course.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Turn an ordinary side dish into an extraordinary one with our recipe for Garlic Skillet Rice. There's a secret ingredient in this easy rice recipe that gives it a creamy and unforgettable taste. Your family will ask for this rice dish over and over again!