Classic Quiche Lorraine
- COOK TIME
- 35 Min
- READY IN
- 35 Min
Our shortcut to popular Quiche Lorraine is the ready-to-bake pie crust that takes the work out of this custard-like brunch favorite. Our foolproof recipe will win you raves.
What You'll Need:
- 1 (9-inch) baked pie shell
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss Gruyere cheese
- 8 slices bacon, cooked crisp, crumbled
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/4
teaspoon white pepper
teaspoon grated nutmeg
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 375 degree F. Sprinkle cheese and bacon evenly in bottom of pie shell.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs, half-and-half, salt, pepper, and nutmeg until well blended. Carefully pour over filling in pie shell.
- Bake in center of oven 35 to 40 minutes, or until center of quiche is almost set but jiggles slightly when dish is gently shaken and knife inserted near center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes then slice into wedges and serve.
Recipe courtesy of the American Egg Board
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES