We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This puffy, cheesy, baked egg dish known as a strata is a rise-and-shine favorite. Whether you want something to serve on a holiday morning or any time you need a company-fancy breakfast recipe, it's sure to be an easy crowd-pleaser!
What You'll Need:
- 6 slices white bread
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 (4.5-ounce) can chopped chilies, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
- Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Butter 1 side of each slice of bread and arrange butter-side up in a single layer in prepared baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients; mix well and pour over bread. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake strata for 45 minutes, or until fluffy and golden.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
In keeping up with Mardi Gras tradition we came up with this recipe for Mardi Gras King Cake that's so good it's guaranteed to keep the party going and going and going. Our king cake recipe features classic cinnamon flavor and a sugary glaze in traditional colors!