We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This puffy, cheesy, baked egg dish known as a strata is a rise-and-shine favorite. Whether you want something to serve on a holiday morning or any time you need a company-fancy breakfast recipe, it's sure to be an easy crowd-pleaser!
What You'll Need:
- 6 slices white bread
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 (4.5-ounce) can chopped chilies, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
- Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Butter 1 side of each slice of bread and arrange butter-side up in a single layer in prepared baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients; mix well and pour over bread. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake strata for 45 minutes, or until fluffy and golden.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Often the best things in life, or on our kitchen table, are the simplest ones, and this Buttery Cabbage recipe falls into that category. Crisp bacon, nutritious cabbage, and a few other ingredients make this simple cabbage recipe a spectacular one, time and time again.