We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This puffy, cheesy, baked egg dish known as a strata is a rise-and-shine favorite. Whether you want something to serve on a holiday morning or any time you need a company-fancy breakfast recipe, it's sure to be an easy crowd-pleaser!
What You'll Need:
- 6 slices white bread
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 (4.5-ounce) can chopped chilies, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
- Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Butter 1 side of each slice of bread and arrange butter-side up in a single layer in prepared baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients; mix well and pour over bread. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake strata for 45 minutes, or until fluffy and golden.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Good Ol' Southern Deviled Eggs
- Breakfast Ideas: 16 Fast & Easy Egg Recipes
- The Best Breakfast Casseroles for Christmas Brunch
- Egg and Cheese Biscuit Bake
- Rise 'n' Shine Omelet Cups
- Easy Egg and Cheese Souffle
- No-Fuss Breakfast Bake
- Perfect Deviled Eggs
- Ham and Cheese Breakfast Bake
- Bacon Lover's Deviled Eggs