We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- COOK TIME
- 12 Min
When crackers are soaked in an egg mixture and then cooked, they take on a rather fluffy consistency that makes for a surprisingly pleasant omelet. Our Cracker Omelet has all that great egg-y flavor, with a touch more puffiness. It's a must try!
What You'll Need:
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces saltine crackers ( of a 1-pound box)
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
What To Do:
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt, and pepper. Add crackers and allow to soak 3 to 4 minutes.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add egg and cracker mixture and reduce heat to medium. As mixture begins to set, push it slightly toward center so that liquid runs to the edges of skillet. Allow omelet to cook for 5 to 6 minutes or until lightly brown on bottom.
- Slide omelet out of pan onto a large plate. Invert skillet over the omelet on plate and turn whole omelet over so that the uncooked side is face-down in skillet. Cook an additional 5 to 6 minutes or until center is set and inside is firm.
Serve with strawberry preserves or maple syrup.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
BBQ sauce and smoked paprika are the key ingredients to making this chili recipe taste extra-smokin' good. Not only is our Smokin' BBQ Chili recipe flavor-packed and delicious, but it's made in just one pot, so it's extra-easy to clean up, too!
- Classic Quiche Lorraine
- Breakfast Ideas: 16 Fast & Easy Egg Recipes
- Rise 'n' Shine Omelet Cups
- Egg and Cheese Biscuit Bake
- The Best Breakfast Casseroles for Christmas Brunch
- Easy Egg and Cheese Souffle
- No-Fuss Breakfast Bake
- Ham and Cheese Breakfast Bake
- Barn Raising Breakfast
- Amish Breakfast Casserole