We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
When crackers are soaked in an egg mixture and then cooked, they take on a rather fluffy consistency that makes for a surprisingly pleasant omelet. Our Cracker Omelet has all that great egg-y flavor, with a touch more puffiness. It's a must try!
What You'll Need:
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces saltine crackers ( of a 1-pound box)
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
What To Do:
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt, and pepper. Add crackers and allow to soak 3 to 4 minutes.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add egg and cracker mixture and reduce heat to medium. As mixture begins to set, push it slightly toward center so that liquid runs to the edges of skillet. Allow omelet to cook for 5 to 6 minutes or until lightly brown on bottom.
- Slide omelet out of pan onto a large plate. Invert skillet over the omelet on plate and turn whole omelet over so that the uncooked side is face-down in skillet. Cook an additional 5 to 6 minutes or until center is set and inside is firm.
Serve with strawberry preserves or maple syrup.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Good Ol' Southern Deviled Eggs
- Breakfast Ideas: 16 Fast & Easy Egg Recipes
- The Best Breakfast Casseroles for Christmas Brunch
- Egg and Cheese Biscuit Bake
- Rise 'n' Shine Omelet Cups
- Easy Egg and Cheese Souffle
- No-Fuss Breakfast Bake
- Perfect Deviled Eggs
- Bacon Lover's Deviled Eggs
- Ham and Cheese Breakfast Bake