"Egg cellent" Taco Brunch
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Tex-Mex flavors are as popular as ever, so why shouldn't we have Tex-Mex brunches, too? Yup, by simply replacing ground beef with scrambled eggs, we've got a brunch recipe that'll have your guests thanking you and Señor Food!
What You'll Need:
- 10 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, divided
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix
- 1 onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 12 hard taco shells
- 1 tomato, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
What To Do:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
In a large bowl, combine eggs, salt, and pepper; beat well.
In a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon of butter and cook eggs until scrambled, but still moist. Remove to a bowl and add taco seasoning mix; mix well.
In the same skillet, melt remaining butter and saute onions until tender and lightly browned.
- Stand taco shells open end up in a 9- x 13-inch baking dish and put 1/4 cup of egg mixture into each shell. Top each taco with 1 tablespoon each of onions, olives, and tomatoes. If there are any toppings left over, divide them evenly over tacos. Top each taco with 2 tablespoons of cheese and bake 6 to 7 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
These can be topped with taco sauce or salsa just before serving, if desired.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Barn Raising Breakfast
- Rise 'n' Shine Omelet Cups
- Coffee Cup Scramble
- Easy Egg and Cheese Souffle
- Egg and Cheese Biscuit Bake
- No-Fuss Breakfast Bake
- Breakfast Ideas: 16 Fast & Easy Egg Recipes
- The Best Breakfast Casseroles for Christmas Brunch
- Ham and Cheese Breakfast Bake
- Good Ol' Southern Deviled Eggs