"Egg cellent" Taco Brunch
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Tex-Mex flavors are as popular as ever, so why shouldn't we have Tex-Mex brunches, too? Yup, by simply replacing ground beef with scrambled eggs, we've got a brunch recipe that'll have your guests thanking you and Señor Food!
What You'll Need:
- 10 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, divided
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix
- 1 onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 12 hard taco shells
- 1 tomato, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
What To Do:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
In a large bowl, combine eggs, salt, and pepper; beat well.
In a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon of butter and cook eggs until scrambled, but still moist. Remove to a bowl and add taco seasoning mix; mix well.
In the same skillet, melt remaining butter and saute onions until tender and lightly browned.
- Stand taco shells open end up in a 9- x 13-inch baking dish and put 1/4 cup of egg mixture into each shell. Top each taco with 1 tablespoon each of onions, olives, and tomatoes. If there are any toppings left over, divide them evenly over tacos. Top each taco with 2 tablespoons of cheese and bake 6 to 7 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
These can be topped with taco sauce or salsa just before serving, if desired.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Are you looking for the perfect side dish to pair with your favorite pot roast or German sausages? Try our Old-Fashioned German Stuffing! This hot and hearty stuffing is loaded with fresh sauerkraut, crumbled bacon, and rye bread, so you know it's got an authentic taste!
- Mr. Food Easter Celebration: 35 Excellent Easter Recipes Free eCookbook
- No-Fuss Breakfast Bake
- Rise 'n' Shine Omelet Cups
- Barn Raising Breakfast
- Classic Quiche Lorraine
- Ham and Cheese Breakfast Bake
- Egg and Cheese Biscuit Bake
- Coffee Cup Scramble
- Breakfast Ideas: 16 Fast & Easy Egg Recipes
- Bacon Lover's Deviled Eggs