Fancy Eggs Benedict
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We already know how popular eggs Benedict is, and when you take it up a notch by adding a few slices of mellow, good-for-you avocado, you're really in for an extra-special treat!
What You'll Need:
- 1 Haas avocado
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup finely chopped scallions (green onions)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 English muffins
- 4 slices cooked Canadian bacon
- 4 eggs, poached
- Paprika for sprinkling
What To Do:
- Cut the avocado in half and remove pit with a spoon. Scoop out the flesh, place in a medium bowl, and mash with a fork. Add the lemon juice, scallions, salt, and pepper; mix well. Cover with plastic wrap until ready to serve.
- Toast the English muffins and place each half on a plate. Top each with a slice of bacon then a poached egg. Spoon the avocado mixture over each egg, sprinkle with paprika, and serve immediately.
- Recipe adapted from and courtesy of www.chileanavocados.org.
- Jump start your morning with a healthy breakfast - check out How to Start Your Day Out Right: 11 Healthy Breakfast Recipes today!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You know your guests already love spinach dip, so how about serving it up to them in a whole new way with this easy, no-cook appetizer recipe? Our Spinach Dip Rollups are so creamy, and the bacon bits really pump up their flavor. Just wait till ya see how fast they'll make 'em disappear!