- COOK TIME
- 35 Min
- READY IN
- 35 Min
This classic French favorite is rich, creamy, and easy for entertaining with a pre-made crust, fully-cooked bacon, and pre-shredded cheese.
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 8 bacon slices, cooked crisp, crumbled
- 1 (9-inch) baked deep-dish pie crust
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/4
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Sprinkle cheese and bacon evenly in bottom of pie shell.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs, half-and-half, salt, pepper, and nutmeg until blended. Carefully pour over filling in pie shell.
- Bake in center of oven 35 to 40 minutes, or until center is almost set but jiggles slightly when dish is gently shaken and knife inserted near center comes out clean. (Custard will continue to "cook" after it's removed and center will firm up quickly.) Let stand 5 minutes, then cut into wedges.
If using a frozen pie shell, choose the deep-dish size. Always bake your pie shell first to avoid a soggy crust.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES