South of the Border Eggs
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Add a little fiesta to your mornings with this easy recipe for South of the Border Eggs.
What You'll Need:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 2 zucchinis, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 4 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese with peppers
What To Do:
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add zucchini, and saute 8 minutes or until golden. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper; remove from skillet, and keep warm.
- In same skillet, heat tortillas, 2 at a time, 2 minutes on each side (see Note). Remove from skillet, and keep warm. Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in skillet; add 2 eggs, and sprinkle evenly with 1/8 teaspoon salt and dash of pepper. Fry to desired degree of doneness, turning once. Repeat with remaining olive oil, eggs, salt, and pepper.
- Place toasted tortillas on serving plates; top evenly with zucchini, cheese, and eggs. Serve with desired toppings.
Don't be tempted to walk away when toasting the tortillas for this recipe- they become golden and crispy very quickly!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We pan fry our cauliflower in a seasoned mixture of breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese to give it a rich and nutty taste that makes this veggie irresistible. Serve your family our Parmesan Crusted Cauliflower, and you'll be surprised at how fast they'll eat eat it up!