We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We'll bet you'll be hooked on the flavor if this Blackened Snapper after bite number one! The blackened flavoring on this fish is mouthwateringly delicious and this recipe is sure to be love at first bite.
What You'll Need:
- 3 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper
- 2 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 1/2 teaspoons dried basil, crushed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground red pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 red snapper fillets (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Lemon wedges
What To Do:
- Combine first 8 ingredients in a large shallow dish.
- Dip fillets in butter, and dredge in spice mixture.
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet or heavy aluminum skillet over medium-high heat 10 minutes or until very hot.
- Cook fillets, 2 at a time, 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Serve with lemon wedges.
You won't need to grease your pan for this recipe because the fish cooks quickly on the high heat. But make sure you've preheated the pan well enough. Otherwise, the fish won't stick on the pan, and you may not get the charring or blackening that gives the fish its great flavor!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Show off your American pride by serving up these Patriotic Blueberry Pie Parfaits at your Memorial Day barbecue. Made with a frozen blueberry pie shortcut, creamy vanilla ice cream, and strawberry toppings, this dessert isn't just summer-refreshing, its also super easy to put together!