We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- COOK TIME
- 30 Min
Crab-Stuffed Sole is popular in cities all along the East Coast, and one of the best recipes is this one from Savannah, Georgia.
What You'll Need:
- 1 (4-ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 1 (6-ounce) can flaked crabmeat, drained
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 4 sole or flounder fillets (about 1 pound)
- 2 tablespoons butter for dotting
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the mushrooms, crabmeat, melted butter, salt, pepper, cracker crumbs, and sherry.
- Place 2 fish fillets in prepared baking dish; divide the crabmeat mixture and spread evenly over the 2 fillets, then cover with the 2 remaining fillets. Dot with the butter.
- Bake 30 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
In a pinch, an 8-ounce package of imitation crabmeat will work for the canned.