Crunchy Potato Fish Fry
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
Fish fry is a classic comfort and around the Mr. Food Test Kitchen it's always a hit. This Crunchy Potato Fish Fry will be a hit around your kitchen, too!
What You'll Need:
- 1 (2-ounce) envelope instant mashed potato granules
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (24-ounce) package or 2 (12-ounce) packages frozen fish fillets, thawed
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Lemon wedges (optional)
What To Do:
- Combine potato granules and sesame seeds in a large shallow dish.
- Combine egg and next 3 ingredients; stir well. Dip fish in egg mixture, and dredge in potato mixture.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; fry half of fish in oil 3 minutes on each side or until golden. Drain fish on paper towels. Repeat procedure with remaining oil and fish. Serve fish with lemon wedges, if desired.
Instant mashed potatoes are the secret to our crunchy coating for fish. Look for frozen fish fillets such as whiting, Pollock, ocean perch, or cod in your grocer's freezer section.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.