Fresh Catch Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you like clam chowder, wait till you taste this challenger that's ready to spin your ladle in a new direction!
What You'll Need:
- 5 cups water
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 2 pounds fresh or frozen white-fleshed fish fillets, like cod, haddock, or whiting, thawed if frozen and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen vegetable mix (broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots)
- 1 1/4 cups uncooked long-grain rice
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
- In a 6-quart soup pot, combine all of the ingredients and mix well over high heat. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low; cover and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the rice is tender.
- Be sure to remove the bay leaf before serving.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Apple cobbler is one of those inviting desserts that always makes people feel warm and welcome. In our recipe for Apple Cookie Cobbler, we use tart apples that are tossed with cinnamon sugar before they're baked and finished with a crumbly cookie topping. The results are to-die-for, especially if you top each serving with a scoop of ice cream!