Fresh Catch Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you like clam chowder, wait till you taste this challenger that's ready to spin your ladle in a new direction!
What You'll Need:
- 5 cups water
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 2 pounds fresh or frozen white-fleshed fish fillets, like cod, haddock, or whiting, thawed if frozen and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen vegetable mix (broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots)
- 1 1/4 cups uncooked long-grain rice
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
- In a 6-quart soup pot, combine all of the ingredients and mix well over high heat. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low; cover and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the rice is tender.
- Be sure to remove the bay leaf before serving.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This recipe will take your taste buds down South, to where good old-fashioned tastes are still king. Our Homemade Biscuits and Gravy are full of so much down-home goodness, you'll want to eat 'em at breakfast AND dinner, which is perfectly right by us!