Fried Catfish Sandwiches
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 10 Min
- COOK TIME
- 8 Min
- READY IN
- 18 Min
Can you spell D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S? These babies are just that! These Fried Catfish Sandwiches are crispy, yummy knock outs. It'll be love at first bite!
What You'll Need:
- 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 catfish fillets (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- Vegetable oil
- 4 onion sandwich buns, split and toasted
- Cocktail or tartar sauce
- Lettuce leaves
- 4 tomato slices (optional)
What To Do:
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a large shallow dish. Dredge fish in mixture, coating well.
- Pour oil into a Dutch oven to a depth of 3 inches; heat to 370 to 375 degrees F. Fry fish 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Serve on sandwich buns with cocktail sauce, lettuce, and, if desired, tomato slices.
A good indicator to determine if the oil is hot enough is to sprinkle some cornmeal in the pan. If it sizzles immediately, you're ready to fry!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If your lunch box or afternoon snack could use a little change-of-pace, then you're going to go crazy for these...Crazy Corn Dog Muffins! What's crazy about them? Well, aside from being "crazy good" they're also super easy to make and very portable!
- Potato-Crusted Salmon
- Crabmeat Stuffed Salmon
- Southern Fish and Chips
- Seafood-Stuffed Fish Fillets
- No-Fuss Salmon Casserole
- Fresh Catch Burgers
- Buttermilk Fish Fillets
- Gone Fishin: 45 Easy Fish Recipes for Salmon, Tuna, Shellfish, & More!
- Pan Fried Red Snapper
- Easy Tuna Recipes: 13 Tuna Salad Recipes, Tuna Casserole Recipes, and More