Golden Catfish Fillets
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 7 Min
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
- READY IN
- 17 Min
We don't think we'll have to twist your arm to try these crunchy, crispy Golden Catfish Fillets. The whole gang will love 'em!
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 1/4 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup milk
- 6 (6-ounce) catfish fillets (1/2-inch thick)
What To Do:
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a shallow dish; set aside.
- Whisk together egg white and milk in a shallow dish. Dip fillets in egg mixture; dredge in cornmeal mixture.
- Pour oil to a depth of 1/4-inch into a large heavy skillet (do not use a nonstick
- Vegetable oil skillet). Fry fillets in hot oil over medium-high heat 4 minutes on each side or until golden. Drain on paper towels.
Red and black pepper add zip to this crispy, crunchy cornmeal coating.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Often the best things in life, or on our kitchen table, are the simplest ones, and this Buttery Cabbage recipe falls into that category. Crisp bacon, nutritious cabbage, and a few other ingredients make this simple cabbage recipe a spectacular one, time and time again.