Golden Catfish Fillets
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 7 Min
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
- READY IN
- 17 Min
We don't think we'll have to twist your arm to try these crunchy, crispy Golden Catfish Fillets. The whole gang will love 'em!
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 1/4 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup milk
- 6 (6-ounce) catfish fillets (1/2-inch thick)
What To Do:
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a shallow dish; set aside.
- Whisk together egg white and milk in a shallow dish. Dip fillets in egg mixture; dredge in cornmeal mixture.
- Pour oil to a depth of 1/4-inch into a large heavy skillet (do not use a nonstick
- Vegetable oil skillet). Fry fillets in hot oil over medium-high heat 4 minutes on each side or until golden. Drain on paper towels.
Red and black pepper add zip to this crispy, crunchy cornmeal coating.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
German Potato Salad isn't creamy like some of the traditional American potato salads you may be used to, but that doesn't mean it isn't as delicious! Our German Potato Salad has a sweet vinegary base and includes tasty ingredients like bacon, onion and fresh parsley.