Hearty Fish Chowder
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Fish chowder is a simple yet satisfying throw-together dish for when you're tired of serving fish the same old way. Just pick your favorite white-fleshed fish fillets (or whatever's on sale!) for teaming with other ingredients you probably have on hand.
What You'll Need:
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 (29-ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) cans condensed chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 3 pounds white-fleshed fish fillets (such as cod or haddock), cut into 2-inch chunks
What To Do:
- In a soup pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion, garlic, celery, and parsley, and saute for about 8 minutes, until softened. Add the tomato sauce, wine, broth, and thyme and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the fish, and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, until cooked through. Ladle into bowls and serve.
Add a crusty French bread, a green salad, and some cheese and you've got a complete change-of-pace meal.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If your lunch box or afternoon snack could use a little change-of-pace, then you're going to go crazy for these...Crazy Corn Dog Muffins! What's crazy about them? Well, aside from being "crazy good" they're also super easy to make and very portable!
- Potato-Crusted Salmon
- Crabmeat Stuffed Salmon
- Southern Fish and Chips
- Seafood-Stuffed Fish Fillets
- No-Fuss Salmon Casserole
- Fresh Catch Burgers
- Gone Fishin: 45 Easy Fish Recipes for Salmon, Tuna, Shellfish, & More!
- Buttermilk Fish Fillets
- Pan Fried Red Snapper
- Easy Tuna Recipes: 13 Tuna Salad Recipes, Tuna Casserole Recipes, and More