Italian Fish Cakes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- COOK TIME
- 20 Min
Ever since fish cakes and fish sticks found their way to the frozen food section of the supermarket, we've forgotten how good homemade can be. Here's a quick reminder.
What You'll Need:
- 1 (7¾-ounce) can garbanzo beans (chick peas), drained
- 1 (8¾-ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 scallions, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 pound fresh or frozen white-fleshed fish fillets, like cod, haddock, or whiting, thawed if frozen, cut into chunks
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups Italian-flavored bread crumbs, divided
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
- Place the garbanzo beans, corn, and scallions in a food processor that has been fitted with its metal cutting blade. Process for 10 to 15 seconds until coarsely chopped.
- Add the fish and eggs and process for 10 to 15 seconds more, until chopped and well blended; place in a large bowl. Add 1/2 cup bread crumbs, the Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Using your hands, form the mixture into patties, using about 1/3 cup for each. Place the remaining 3/4 cup bread crumbs in a shallow dish and coat the patties completely with the bread crumbs.
- Heat about 1/2 inch oil in a large deep skillet over medium heat until hot but not smoking. Cook the patties a few at a time for 3 to 4 minutes per side, until cooked through and golden. Drain on paper towels and repeat with the remaining patties, adding more oil if needed.
Go ahead and make these in advance. Then all you need to do is warm them up on a baking sheet in a 300 degree F. oven for about 25 minutes, or until hot.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
The next time you make a sandwich, a hamburger, or any other meal that involves slices of bread, try it on Cloud Bread. Cloud Bread is a totally gluten-free, low-carb, low-calorie, and low-fat bread alternative. It's a healthier choice that looks like a fluffy cloud and tastes so good!