Oh So Easy Salmon Croquettes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 10 Min
- COOK TIME
- 6 Min
- READY IN
- 16 Min
For a crispy, bite-sized snack you'll be munching on all day long, try out our "Oh So Easy" recipe for salmon croquettes!
What You'll Need:
- 1 (14-ounce) can pink salmon
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup cornmeal mix
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons self-rising flour
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup light sour cream
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
What To Do:
- Drain salmon; remove skin and bones, and flake. Place salmon in a medium bowl. Stir in egg and next 4 ingredients until blended. (Batter will be wet.)
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Drop salmon mixture by tablespoonfuls into hot oil, and slightly flatten with a fork. Fry in batches 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Drain on paper towels. Keep warm on a wire rack in a rimmed baking sheet in a 200-degree oven, if desired.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix sour cream, capers, mayonnaise, lemon rind, and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve with croquettes.
Don't worry about shaping the croquettes just drop 'em gently into hot oil and slightly flatten 'em with a fork. Save time by mixing up the batter a few hours before you plan to cook 'em.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Do you love bacon? How about cheese? If you nodded enthusiastically to either of those, then you're about to experience something wonderful...a Bacon and Cheese Lover's Pie. It's a quiche-style dish that's absolutely loaded with cheese, bacon, and some chopped spinach. You'll be smiling from your first forkful to your last.