Oniony Skillet Fish Fillets
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Looking for a 5-ingredient seafood recipe that'll please even the pickiest eaters? Then you're in luck 'cause our recipe for Oniony Skillet Fish Fillets is a cinch to make! We love this recipe, too, because you can choose whatever kind of white fish you like best. Whether you're a big fan of haddock or there's a big sale on cod at the grocery store, you can choose the fish that best suits your lifestyle.
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 medium-sized onions, thinly sliced
- 1 pound fresh or frozen white-fleshed fish fillets, such as cod, haddock, or whiting, thawed if frozen, cut into 4-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the onions and saut for 18 to 20 minutes, or until browned. Using a slotted spoon, remove the onions to an oven-proof platter, cover, and place in the oven to keep warm.
- Place the flour in a shallow dish; place the beaten eggs in another shallow dish.
- Coat the fish evenly on both sides with the flour; coat with the egg, then coat again with the flour.
- Rewarm the oil remaining in the skillet over medium heat and saut the fish, a few pieces at a time, for 4 to 6 minutes, until golden brown on both sides, turning halfway through the cooking. (The time may vary depending upon the thickness of the fillets.)
- Place the cooked fillets on a paper towel-lined baking sheet to drain; transfer the fish to a serving platter and top with the browned onions just before serving.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We gave a family-favorite a tasty and modern makeover by adding a crispy, potato tot topping that's so good everyone will want to dig in right away! They'll be surprised to find such a tasty, gooey, cheesy, and meaty filling in this amazing Potato Tot Enchilada Casserole.
- Potato-Crusted Salmon
- Crabmeat Stuffed Salmon
- Southern Fish and Chips
- Seafood-Stuffed Fish Fillets
- No-Fuss Salmon Casserole
- Fresh Catch Burgers
- Gone Fishin: 45 Easy Fish Recipes for Salmon, Tuna, Shellfish, & More!
- Buttermilk Fish Fillets
- Easy Tuna Recipes: 13 Tuna Salad Recipes, Tuna Casserole Recipes, and More
- Catfish 'n' Slaw