Potato Crusted Fish and Chips
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Just wait'll you taste this crispy-crunchy recipe for potato-crusted fish and chips! Our shortcuts will have this British favorite on your table in no time.
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 4 baking potatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup instant potato flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 (6-ounce) catfish fillets (see Note)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
What To Do:
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
In a large bowl, combine 1/4 cup oil, seasoning salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Add potatoes and toss until evenly coated. Place on baking sheet.
Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden and crispy.
Meanwhile, in a shallow dish, combine cornmeal, potato flakes, salt, and remaining pepper. Dip fish in melted butter, and dredge in cornmeal mixture.
In a large skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat; add fish and fry 4 to 6 minutes per side, or until it flakes easily with a fork. Drain on paper towels. Serve with potato wedges.
For more great recipes using catfish, click here.
- Cod or haddock can be used in place of catfish in this British-inspired dish. Don't forget the malt vinegar for an authentic accompaniment.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
One way to get the whole family rushin' to the dinner table is to serve up plates of these cheesy-stuffed meatballs and saucy pasta. Our recipes for Mozzarella Meatballs and Ziti even features a special ingredient that adds a little extra dose of good-for-ya too!
- Crabmeat Stuffed Salmon
- Potato-Crusted Salmon
- Southern Fish and Chips
- Seafood-Stuffed Fish Fillets
- No-Fuss Salmon Casserole
- Fresh Catch Burgers
- Buttermilk Fish Fillets
- Gone Fishin: 45 Easy Fish Recipes for Salmon, Tuna, Shellfish, & More!
- Pan Fried Red Snapper
- Easy Tuna Recipes: 13 Tuna Salad Recipes, Tuna Casserole Recipes, and More