Purr fect Catfish Fingers
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Today catfish is farm-raised, but in the past it was common to catch a few of them by hand while bass fishing. Of course, if you're gonna do that, you've gotta be careful not to get bitten by their sharp teeth! So, once you've got the catfish (whether you buy 'em or catch 'em), fry 'em up this way and...well, let's just say you'll be the cat's meow!
What You'll Need:
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 cups self-rising cornmeal
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 2 pounds catfish fillets, cut into 1-inch strips
What To Do:
- In a shallow dish, whisk together the eggs, sour cream, 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, 1/2 teaspoon oregano, and 1/4 teaspoon salt; beat well.
- In another shallow dish, combine the cornmeal and the remaining 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, 1 teaspoon oregano, and 3/4 teaspoon salt; mix well.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Dip the catfish fingers in the egg mixture then in the cornmeal mixture, coating completely.
- Cook the catfish fingers a few at a time for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until the coating is golden and the fish flakes easily with a fork. Drain on a paper towel-lined platter. Serve immediately.
These are so good that I like to eat them plain, but feel free to serve 'em with your favorite dipping sauce.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you're a lover of crispy-crunchy snacks, then you're really going to enjoy this recipe for Crispy Green Bean Fries. Lightly-breaded green beans are baked until they're perfectly crispy, so you can enjoy healthier and yummier snacking.