San Diego Catch
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You sure won't have to fish for compliments when you put this on the dinner table. (Make extra?'cause every time I make it, I can't stop eating it!)
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 pound fish fillets
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
What To Do:
- In a shallow dish, combine the corn meal, chili powder, salt, and pepper.
- Place the beaten egg in another shallow dish. Dip the fish in the egg, then dredge in the corn meal mixture; shake off the excess.
- In a large skillet, heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add the fish and sauté until lightly browned on both sides, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain on paper towels before serving.
Flounder and sole work well here. And, for a special treat, orange roughy prepared this way is out of this world!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Turn an ordinary side dish into an extraordinary one with our recipe for Garlic Skillet Rice. There's a secret ingredient in this easy rice recipe that gives it a creamy and unforgettable taste. Your family will ask for this rice dish over and over again!
- Crabmeat Stuffed Salmon
- Southern Fish and Chips
- No-Fuss Salmon Casserole
- Seafood-Stuffed Fish Fillets
- Potato-Crusted Salmon
- Buttermilk Fish Fillets
- Gone Fishin: 45 Easy Fish Recipes for Salmon, Tuna, Shellfish, & More!
- Brown Sugar-Glazed Salmon
- Pan Fried Red Snapper
- Easy Tuna Recipes: 13 Tuna Salad Recipes, Tuna Casserole Recipes, and More