Scalloped Salmon and Corn
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you're looking for something a bit different to serve for brunch, lunch or a light dinner, then Scalloped Salmon and Corn may just be it. This is one dish that'll make everyone sit up and take notice.
What You'll Need:
- 1 (6--ounce) can pink salmon, drained and flaked (reserve liquid in measuring cup)
- milk (enough to make 1 cup when added to salmon liquid)
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 10 1/4 cups crushed saltine crackers, divided
- 1 (16-ounce) can cream-style corn
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Add milk to reserved salmon liquid to make 1 cup. In a skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter; saut onion and green pepper until tender. Stir in salmon, milk mixture, 1 cup cracker crumbs, corn, eggs, Cheddar cheese, salt and pepper; turn into an 8-inch square baking pan coated with nonstick vegetable spray. Melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter; toss remaining 1/4 cup cracker crumbs with melted margarine and sprinkle mixture over casserole. Bake for about 45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Sprinkle with parsley, if desired, and serve on white bread toast.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you're a lover of crispy-crunchy snacks, then you're really going to enjoy this recipe for Crispy Green Bean Fries. Lightly-breaded green beans are baked until they're perfectly crispy, so you can enjoy healthier and yummier snacking.