Scalloped Salmon and Corn
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- COOK TIME
- 50 Min
If you're looking for something a bit different to serve for brunch, lunch or a light dinner, then Scalloped Salmon and Corn may just be it. This is one dish that'll make everyone sit up and take notice.
What You'll Need:
- 1 (6--ounce) can pink salmon, drained and flaked (reserve liquid in measuring cup)
- milk (enough to make 1 cup when added to salmon liquid)
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 10 1/4 cups crushed saltine crackers, divided
- 1 (16-ounce) can cream-style corn
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Add milk to reserved salmon liquid to make 1 cup. In a skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter; saut onion and green pepper until tender. Stir in salmon, milk mixture, 1 cup cracker crumbs, corn, eggs, Cheddar cheese, salt and pepper; turn into an 8-inch square baking pan coated with nonstick vegetable spray. Melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter; toss remaining 1/4 cup cracker crumbs with melted margarine and sprinkle mixture over casserole. Bake for about 45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Sprinkle with parsley, if desired, and serve on white bread toast.