Simple Fish Tacos
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Crunchy coleslaw and a few south-of-the-border spices give these Simple Fish Tacos made with U.S. Farm-Raised catfish that extra kick we're sure you'll love. These crowd-pleasers are as welcome for entertaining as they are for a simple weeknight!
What You'll Need:
- COLESLAW TOPPING
- 2 cups prepared coleslaw mix
- 1 orange, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch sections
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 lime, squeezed, divided
- FISH TACOS
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 pounds U.S. farm-raised catfish fillets, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 6 (6-inch) flour tortillas (soft tacos)
What To Do:
- In a large bowl, combine coleslaw, orange sections, red bell pepper, onion, rice vinegar, oil, and 1/2 the lime juice; mix well. Cover and refrigerate.
- In another large bowl, combine chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, and salt; mix well. Add the fish pieces and toss until evenly coated.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil; saute fish 6 to 8 minutes, or until it flakes easily with a fork, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with cilantro and remaining lime juice.
- Evenly distribute fish down the center of each tortilla. Top with coleslaw mixture. Roll up tortillas; secure each with a wooden toothpick. Serve immediately.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.