Simple Fish Tacos
- COOK TIME
- 8 Min
- READY IN
- 8 Min
What You'll Need:
- COLESLAW TOPPING
- 2 cups prepared coleslaw mix
- 1 orange, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch sections
red bell pepper, chopped
cup red onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 lime, squeezed, divided
- FISH TACOS
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2
pounds U.S. farm-raised catfish fillets, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 6 (6-inch) flour tortillas (soft tacos)
What To Do:
- In a large bowl, combine coleslaw, orange sections, red bell pepper, onion, rice vinegar, oil, and 1/2 the lime juice; mix well. Cover and refrigerate.
- In another large bowl, combine chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, and salt; mix well. Add the fish pieces and toss until evenly coated.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil; saute fish 6 to 8 minutes, or until it flakes easily with a fork, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with cilantro and remaining lime juice.
- Evenly distribute fish down the center of each tortilla. Top with coleslaw mixture. Roll up tortillas; secure each with a wooden toothpick. Serve immediately.
For more delicious recipes and tips featuring U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish: click here
And if you'd like to whip up your own homemade vinaigrette, try our easy recipe!
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
01 31 13
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
When the Test Kitchen made this, everyone in the office went nuts over it. We were all blown away at how creamy and to-die-for this Danish is. The best part is how easy it is to make. So dont wait another second to try our Homemade Cheese Danish...its that good!