Southern-Style Fish Chili
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Everyone has a chili recipe, but not like this one, they don't! And with everybody into fish 'cause it's lighter, they'll reach for seconds and maybe for thirds and fourths!
What You'll Need:
- 2 pounds white-fleshed fish fillets (such as cod, haddock, or sole), thawed if frozen, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter or vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (1 pound) red kidney beans, undrained
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) whole tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
What To Do:
- In a 5-quart Dutch oven, sauté the onion, green pepper, and garlic in butter until onion is tender; do not let it brown. Stir in the salt, chili powder, oregano, and pepper. Add the kidney beans, tomatoes, and tomato paste.
- Heat until simmering, stirring occasionally. Add the fish, cover, and reduce heat. Simmer gently for 8 to 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Set the table for a romantic evening with our recipe for Chicken Marsala for Two. This tender and flavor-packed dish is going to have everyone feeling the love. All you need to make it absolutely perfect are a few candles, a glass of wine, and some soft music.