We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Want a new favorite recipe for fish? Here's one I came across that's both new and easy and fancy-looking, to boot!
What You'll Need:
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- Few dashes of hot pepper sauce (to taste)
- 4 thin white-fleshed fish fillets (about 2 pounds), such as sole, flounder, or perch
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon seasoned bread crumbs
- Toasted almonds for topping
What To Do:
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, water, and hot pepper sauce. Add the fish fillets and let marinate in the refrigerator for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, sauté the onion in the butter over medium heat. When the onion is just softened, sprinkle the bread crumbs over the bottom of the skillet.
- Remove the fillets from the egg mixture, reserving mixture, and lay them on top of the crumbs. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Turn the fillets over, spoon the reserved egg mixture over them, and cook for 3 to 4 minutes more. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and cook for 1 to 2 minutes more. The egg coating should be puffy and light golden brown. Sprinkle fish with toasted almonds and serve.
For a different taste, you can use shallots instead of onions or add a teaspoon of chopped green bell pepper to the onions. Or sprinkle on some Parmesan cheese instead of the almonds. Or sprinkle on some finely chopped fresh dill or basil. Get the picture? Do your own thing.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Craving a homemade dessert, but don't feel like baking? Then our recipe for No-Bake Lemonade Cheesecakes is right up your alley! In less than 10 minutes you can whip up this 5-ingredient dessert recipe that'll have you dreaming of breezy blue skies and fields of fresh berries.
- Crabmeat Stuffed Salmon
- Southern Fish and Chips
- No-Fuss Salmon Casserole
- Seafood-Stuffed Fish Fillets
- Potato-Crusted Salmon
- Gone Fishin: 45 Easy Fish Recipes for Salmon, Tuna, Shellfish, & More!
- Buttermilk Fish Fillets
- Brown Sugar-Glazed Salmon
- Pan Fried Red Snapper
- Baked Fish with Parmesan Sour Cream Sauce