The Secrets to Enjoying Ice Cream Guilt-Free
- Reach for a small scoop. Most brands suggest 1/2 cup as a standard serving. A lighter variety of your favorite, or even frozen yogurt, is a great option. Don't forget: There are still calories and fat in the lighter varieties.
- Did you know that processing frozen bananas in a food processor produces a rich and creamy ice cream-like dessert? Add other fruits, like strawberries, or even a little peanut butter for a healthy treat that will satisfy your craving. And try our Raspberry Banana Bonanza for a truly special treat!
- If you're going out for ice cream, choose the kids' size to get your sweet tooth fix without breaking the calorie bank.
- If you're at home, try enjoying your ice cream in a small dish. It's believed that this will "trick" your mind into thinking you're eating more.
- Shy away from fattening toppings like chocolate candy. Fresh fruit or even sprinkles are both much lower in calories, yet they'll add something special to your creamy dessert.
- If you're reaching for a cone, don't go for a waffle type. Stick to a plain sugar or cake cone since they're much lower in calories. Or better yet, skip the cone completely.
- For your chocolate "fix," choose chocolate sauce or syrup to drizzle over ice cream and save the sinfully rich, high-calorie hot fudge for that "only-once-in-awhile" treat.
There's no need to give up our cool cravings if we use a little common sense. Sure, that way, we can still enjoy every last lick of the..."OOH IT'S SO GOOD!!"
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
07 15 11