1, 2, 3 Blackberry Sherbet
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
1, 2, 3 Blackberry Sherbet is certainly a favorite over in our test kitchen. Why? Because it's as easy as 1, 2, 3!
What You'll Need:
- 4 cups fresh blackberries (see note)
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups buttermilk
- Blackberries and fresh mint (optional)
What To Do:
- Stir together blackberries and sugar in a bowl; let stand 30 minutes.
- Process blackberry mixture in a blender or food processor until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides. Pour through a fine wire-mesh strainer into a 9-inch square pan, discarding solids; stir in buttermilk. Cover and freeze 8 hours.
- Break frozen mixture into chunks, and place in bowl; beat at medium speed of an electric beater until smooth. Return to pan; cover and freeze 3 hours or until firm. Garnish with extra blackberries and mint, if desired.
You can substitute 2 (14-ounce) packages frozen blackberries, thawed, for the fresh, if you'd like.