We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Ah, the chilly, wild freedom of Alaska! Even though this special dessert isn't originally from Alaska, it seems like it should be!
What You'll Need:
- 6 single-serving graham cracker tart shells
- 1 quart chocolate ice cream
- 2 egg whites
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
What To Do:
- Place the tart shells on a cookie sheet and place one scoop of chocolate ice cream into each. Cover and place in the freezer. When the shells are completely frozen, preheat the broiler.
- In a small bowl, with an electric beater on medium speed, beat the egg whites until foamy and continue beating while adding the sugar and cream of tartar. Beat until stiff peaks form, making meringue.
- Remove the ice cream tarts from the freezer and quickly spread the meringue over the ice cream, making sure to cover the ice cream and top edge of crust completely.
- Place back on the cookie sheet and broil for 2 to 4 minutes or until the tops are golden. Remove from the broiler and place on another cookie sheet.
- Cover loosely and freeze for at least 2 hours. When ready to serve, remove from the freezer and allow to stand for 5 minutes.
Chocolate ice cream is super here, but you can certainly feel free to use your favorite ice cream or frozen yogurt flavor.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We've got what we think is the Best Broccoli Salad, and we're betting you'll agree! This garden-fresh broccoli salad that's tossed in a creamy homemade dressing and livened up with a few surprises is sure to be one of your favorite easy salad recipes for potluck parties!