Butter Rum Ice Cream
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 3 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
- READY IN
- 3 Hr 15 Min
My mom always kept butter rum hard candies in her purse for me and my sister, so I grew up loving that rich flavor. Now I like to use them to give store-bought ice cream a homemade touch. And this one's got a real kick, too!
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 cup dark rum
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 package (6.25 ounces) butter rum hard candy, finely crushed
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
What To Do:
- In a medium-sized saucepan, combine the rum, butter, and crushed candy. Bring to a slow boil over medium heat and cook for 6 to 8 minutes, or until the candy melts and the mixture looks like caramel sauce, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool to room temperature, about 30 minutes. When cooled, stir the sauce again until well mixed.
- Place the ice cream in a large bowl and swirl in the sauce until completely marbleized. Place in an airtight storage container. Seal and freeze until ready to serve.
Makes about 2 quarts.
Go ahead and make this a rum raisin ice cream simply by adding 1 cup raisins to the saucepan after the candy has melted.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Create a little Christmas magic of your own with our easy recipe for Christmas Magic Squares. This holiday-festive cookie bar recipe is great for snackin' on all holiday season long, like when you're at a cookie exchange with friends or when you're trimming the tree!