Caramel Frozen Squares
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 3 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
- READY IN
- 3 Hr 10 Min
Ice cream desserts are perfect for company because they can be in the freezer, ready when we need them. So, be ready to wow the neighbors with this treat the next time they stop by.
What You'll Need:
- 1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 7 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (13-ounce) package pecan shortbread cookies
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
What To Do:
- In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar and evaporated milk over medium-low heat; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer the sauce 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in 1 tablespoon of butter and the vanilla; set aside to cool.
- In a food processor, chop the cookies to the consistency of medium-coarse crumbs; set aside 1-1/2 cups of the crumbs. In a medium bowl, combine remaining crumbs with remaining melted butter.
- Press the crumb mixture into the bottom of a 9- x 13-inch baking dish that has been lightly coated with cooking spray. Pour 3/4 of the caramel sauce over the crumb crust. Carefully cover with the ice cream.
- Evenly drizzle the remaining sauce over the ice cream. Top with the reserved 1-1/2 cups cookie crumbs. Cover and freeze at least 3 hours, or until firm.
Cut this into squares, and you're ready to serve.
We've got even more fantastic summer desserts you'll love. Find some of our favorites with our collection, Easy Summer Recipes: 6 No-Bake Desserts.
- Ice cream lovers rejoice! We've got plenty more ice cream recipes where this one came from. Find 'em all here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Y'know how good salads taste when you order them from a restaurant? Well, we recreated one of our favorites and came up with this recipe for Southwestern Salad Toss that we think is even better than the original! Full of yummy mix-ins and topped off with a light, fresh, and flavorful dressing, this salad will definitely impress everyone!