Chocolate Cream Freeze
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This frozen chocolate cream dessert will really knock your socks off!
What You'll Need:
- 1 1/2 cups crushed chocolate wafers (about 35 wafers)
- 1/4 cup (½ stick) butter, melted
- 1 pint (2 cups) heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup finely chopped almonds
What To Do:
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the crushed wafers and butter; mix well. Press the wafer mixture firmly into the bottom of a 9-inch pie plate that has been coated with nonstick baking spray.
- In a freezer-safe medium-sized bowl, beat the cream with an electric beater until foamy; add the sugar and continue beating until stiff peaks form. Cover and place the cream in the freezer for 2 to 3 hours, or until icy, but not completely frozen.
- In a medium-sized saucepan, melt the chocolate chips over low heat and stir in the almonds. While the chocolate mixture is hot, slowly stir into the icy whipped cream; small chunks of chocolate and almonds will form when the hot and cold mixtures combine.
- Spoon into the pie crust. Cover with aluminum foil and freeze for 3 to 4 hours, or until ready to serve.
Start off by cutting small wedges, because it's so rich. You can always serve seconds.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Apple cobbler is one of those inviting desserts that always makes people feel warm and welcome. In our recipe for Apple Cookie Cobbler, we use tart apples that are tossed with cinnamon sugar before they're baked and finished with a crumbly cookie topping. The results are to-die-for, especially if you top each serving with a scoop of ice cream!