Chocolate Dipped Pistachio Ice Cream Sandwiches
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 9 Min
- COOK TIME
- 2 Min
- READY IN
- 11 Min
Raise your hand if you could go for an ice cream sandwich break right about now! There's nothing like a classic dessert recipe for ice cream sandwiches to take you right back to the carefree days of your childhood. We've made this one extra special though. We've dipped it in chocolate to get double the flavor and make it absolutely mouthwatering.
What You'll Need:
- 2 pints pistachio ice cream
- 3 (7.2-ounce) packages white chocolate macadamia nut cookies
- 1 1/2 cups (9 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
What To Do:
- Using clean scissors, cut each container of ice cream down the side; remove ice cream from containers. Using a sharp knife, quickly slice each pint of ice cream, crosswise, into 5 (1/4-inch-thick) slices. Place 1 slice of ice cream on each of 10 cookies. Top ice cream with 10 additional cookies. Place sandwiches on a rimmed baking sheet lined with wax paper. Place pan in freezer.
- Melt chocolate and shortening in a small saucepan over low heat. Dip half of each ice cream sandwich in melted chocolate. Place on a rimmed baking sheet lined with wax paper; freeze at least 1 hour. Serve immediately, or cover and keep frozen.
Once chocolate has hardened, wrap ice cream sandwiches in plastic wrap, and store in the freezer for up to 1 month. You'll now have homemade ice cream sandwiches awaiting the gang's beck and call.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Rice isn't only for serving as a side dish or throwing at weddings! It's also a main ingredient in this to-die-for dessert. Our Baked Custard Rice Pudding is a traditional, custard-style pudding that can be served hot or chilled - either way it's so tasty!