Make tasty memories this winter with these sweet Holiday Snowmen! Kids will love making their own unique version of one of their favorite winter icons.
What You'll Need:
gallon eggnog or vanilla ice cream
Cake decorating candies or mini chocolate chips
6 peppermint patties
6 licorice gumdrops or small peanut butter cups
6 pieces red licorice
12 chocolate-dipped reception sticks
6 small candy canes
Shredded, sweetened coconut or white chocolate shavings
What To Do:
- Place a large scoop of ice cream on a dessert plate then place a smaller scoop on top. Decorate ice cream like a snowman, using cake decorating candies or mini chocolate chips to make eyes, mouths and buttons (see Note).
- Place a peppermint patty on snowman's "head" and place a gumdrop or peanut butter cup askew on top of the patty, making a top hat. Wrap a piece of red licorice between the two ice cream scoops to make a scarf.
- Stick 2 reception sticks into the larger scoop to make arms and hang a candy cane on one of the arms. Scatter coconut or white chocolate shavings lightly around and on top of each snowman.
- Store in freezer while making 5 more snowmen with remaining ingredients, then serve.
- Work quickly or freeze between steps so the ice cream won't melt!
- Feel free to use your favorite candies to make your own unique snowman!
Recipe courtesy of Edy's Grand Ice Cream.
12 18 13