Mexican Ice Cream Balls
What You'll Need:
1 quart vanilla ice cream
cups frosted corn flakes cereal, coarsely crushed
1 tablespoon butter, melted
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
What To Do:
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with wax paper. With a large spoon or an ice cream scoop, form eight ice cream balls, each about 2-1/2 inches in diameter. Place on baking sheet then place in freezer for about 1 hour. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, coat another rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray. In a medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients except the honey; mix well and spread on baking sheet. Bake 5 to 7 minutes, or until lightly browned and crisp. Remove to a shallow dish and allow to cool completely.
- Line another rimmed baking sheet with wax paper. Remove ice cream balls from freezer and roll in cereal mixture, coating on all sides. Place on baking sheet and freeze 2 to 3 hours, or until ice cream is firm. Drizzle with honey before serving.
- For an extra special touch, serve the ice cream balls in sundae glasses, each topped with caramel sauce, whipped cream, and a cherry.
- To make these lighter, reduced-fat ice cream or frozen yogurt will work just as well and, the way the coating is done, it'll still taste like it's been deep fried. Mmm mmm!
07 23 13