Strawberry Patch Ice Cream
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
For the old-fashioned taste of homemade ice cream that has the fresh taste of berries from the patch, whip up a batch of our Strawberry Patch Ice Cream.
What You'll Need:
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 drops red food color (optional)
- 1 (20-ounce) package frozen strawberries, thawed and mashed
- 2 cups (1 pint) heavy cream
What To Do:
- In a large bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, and food color, if desired. Stir in strawberries and mix until thoroughly combined.
- In a medium bowl, with an electric beater on medium speed, beat heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold whipped cream into strawberry mixture until thoroughly combined. Place in an airtight storage container and freeze 8 hours, or until firm.
Makes 2 quarts.
Add more or less of the food color, depending on the natural color of the frozen strawberries and the color of ice cream desired.