Strawberry Patch Ice Cream
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
For the old-fashioned taste of homemade ice cream that has the fresh taste of berries from the patch, whip up a batch of our Strawberry Patch Ice Cream.
What You'll Need:
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 drops red food color (optional)
- 1 (20-ounce) package frozen strawberries, thawed and mashed
- 2 cups (1 pint) heavy cream
What To Do:
- In a large bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, and food color, if desired. Stir in strawberries and mix until thoroughly combined.
- In a medium bowl, with an electric beater on medium speed, beat heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold whipped cream into strawberry mixture until thoroughly combined. Place in an airtight storage container and freeze 8 hours, or until firm.
Makes 2 quarts.
Add more or less of the food color, depending on the natural color of the frozen strawberries and the color of ice cream desired.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Take a day off from your ordinary dinner routine to make this extraordinary Layered Italian Crescent Ring. It's as easy as layering some of your favorite Italian sub ingredients and wrapping them up in a cozy crescent dough blanket. The whole family is going to love this one!