We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We all have our special requests when it comes to donuts. Some prefer glazed, some frosted, others...fruit-filled. And now it's time to add ice cream-filled donuts to the list!
What You'll Need:
- 6 plain cake donuts (see Note)
- 1 quart chocolate ice cream
- 1/2 cup rainbow sprinkles
What To Do:
- Cut donuts in half horizontally and place a large scoop of ice cream on half of each donut. Replace top of each donut and lightly press donut halves together.
- Place sprinkles in a shallow dish and roll donut edges in sprinkles, coating ice cream. Place on a cookie sheet and freeze 2 hours, until firm. Serve, or wrap each in plastic wrap and keep frozen until ready to serve.
The options are limitless with these ice cream treats. You can use any type of cake donut - powdered, sugared, or cinnamon, and any flavor ice cream. And go ahead and use any kinds of sprinkles, miniature chocolate chips, or even chopped nuts to coat the ice cream.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This stick-to-your-ribs Tex-Mex casserole gets its name from the biggest ranch in Texas (and the world!) -- King Ranch! Our recipe for King Ranch Casserole is big on taste and sure to satisfy your gang's big appetites. With chicken, cheese, tomatoes, and more, there's no way you could pass on this Texas favorite!