- 20 Min
- COOK TIME
- 40 Min
- READY IN
- 1 Hr
You've heard about the wonders of this fall favorite, but now, it's time to experience it for yourself. Introducing, our "Quick & Easy" fall recipe for Baked Apples! When you've come back from the orchard with your basket full of freshly picked apples, turn 'em into a tasty dessert with this simple recipe. Serve 'em over some vanilla ice cream or eat 'em as is. These baked apples are a hit every time!
What You'll Need:
- 6 Granny Smith, Cortland, Golden Delicious, or other baking apples
cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Core the apples three fourths of the way through, leaving the bottoms intact. Score each apple horizontally around the middle to allow for expansion during baking.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar and cinnamon, reserving 1 teaspoon of the mixture. Spoon the remaining mixture evenly into the cored centers of the apples, then press 1-1/2 teaspoons of butter over each. Place the apples open end up into an 8-inch square baking dish. Sprinkle the reserved teaspoon of the sugar mixture evenly over the tops of the apples.
- Place the water in the bottom of the baking dish, then cover tightly with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until the apples can be pierced easily with a fork.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
02 02 14