Blueberries 'n' Dumplings
- 5 Min
- COOK TIME
- 3 Hr 15 Min
- READY IN
- 3 Hr 20 Min
Enjoy Blueberries 'n' Dumplings all year 'round with this sensational slow cooker recipe. Frozen blueberries are always in season, and the biscuits cook right on top for a bubbling, berry-licious treat that's sure to satisfy any sweet tooth.
What You'll Need:
cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
2 (16-ounce) packages frozen blueberries
cup biscuit mix
3 tablespoons butter
1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
What To Do:
- In a 3-quart saucepan, stir together 1-1/4 cups sugar, flour and lemon rind until blended.
- Stir in blueberries. Cook, stirring constantly, over medium heat until sugar dissolves. Increase heat to medium-high, and bring mixture to a boil, stirring often. Cook about 5 minutes or until thickened, stirring often.
- Meanwhile, combine biscuit mix and remaining 2 tablespoons sugar in a medium bowl. Cut in butter with a pastry blender or 2 forks until crumbly; add sour cream, stirring until dry ingredients are moistened and a soft dough forms.
- Pour hot blueberry filling into a 5-quart round slow cooker. Carefully drop dough in 6 large spoonfuls on top of filling.
- Cover and cook on LOW setting 3 hours, or until dumplings are golden (see Note).
Remove slow-cooker lid carefully to prevent condensation from dripping onto dumplings and making them soggy. Remember that some slow cookers have hot spots. To ensure that the dumplings become an even golden color, without removing the lid, rotate the insert a half turn about halfway through cooking.
If you enjoyed this fruity dumpling recipe, be sure to check out our Apple Dumplings: Our Best Apple Dumpling Recipe.
This recipe is from The Best of Mr. Food Cookbook Series, Copyright Oxmoor House, Inc. If you would like more recipes like this, click here.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
08 06 14