Watermelon: Enjoy It All Year Long - 30 Easy Watermelon Recipes from Mr. Food Free eCookbook
Caramel-Dipped Chocolate Apples
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 1 Hr 30 Min
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
- READY IN
- 1 Hr 40 Min
Our Caramel-Dipped Chocolate Apples make the perfect treat for your Halloween party... or anytime during the fall! If you're looking for a fun way to have the kids help out in the kitchen, let them decorate this Halloween party treat and watch their faces light up with pride when they see (and eat!) their finished product. It's fun for the whole family!
What You'll Need:
- 4 large Red Delicious apples, washed and dried
- 1 (14-ounce) package vanilla caramels, unwrapped
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 wooden craft sticks
What To Do:
Line a rimmed baking sheet with waxed paper and coat with cooking spray. Insert a wooden craft stick into the stem end of each apple.
In a medium saucepan, combine caramels and water over low heat until melted, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and spoon over apples, coating completely. Place coated apples on baking sheet and chill 1 hour.
- In a small saucepan, melt chocolate chips over low heat, stirring constantly. Drizzle over caramel apples. Chill 30 minutes, or until set.
Fancy It Up:
Make these caramel apples your own by covering with your favorite type of chocolate – white, milk, or semisweet, or even using more than one type. And sprinkle with your favorite nuts, sprinkles, or crushed candy. One of our favorites is covered with white chocolate and macadamia nuts.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Old-Fashioned Peanut Brittle
- Homemade Candy Recipes: 20 Old-Fashioned Recipes for Chocolate Candy, Fudge, & More
- Fudge Balls
- Homemade Cracker Candy
- Tiger Butter
- Fast Chocolate Pecan Fudge
- Homemade Peanut Butter Cups
- To-Die-For Chocolate Fudge Recipes: 8 Homemade Fudge Recipes
- Chocolate Almond Bark
- Christmas Candy Recipes: 24 Ideas for Homemade Christmas Gifts