Watermelon: Enjoy It All Year Long - 30 Easy Watermelon Recipes from Mr. Food Free eCookbook
Country Fruit Stand Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Country Fruit Stand Salad gets its sparkling taste from a marinade of a combo of ginger ale, orange juice and honey. This unbeatable trio of flavors turns an ordinary fruit salad recipe into something special.
What You'll Need:
- 1 medium to large cantaloupe, cut in half, seeds and rind removed
- 1 medium to large honeydew melon, cut in half, seeds and rind removed
- 1 medium to large pineapple, top removed, sliced into quarters, rind and core removed
- 1 quart strawberries, washed and hulled (tops removed)
- 3/4 cup ginger ale
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup granola
What To Do:
- Cut cantaloupe, honeydew, and pineapple into bite-sized pieces; place in a large bowl.
- Cut strawberries in half (or in quarters, if they're large); add to other fruit.
- In a small bowl, combine ginger ale, orange juice, and honey; mix well. Add to fruit; mix well.
- Allow fruit to "marry" for 15 to 20 minutes before serving. Serve immediately, or cover and chill until ready to use.
- Just before serving, sprinkle each serving with a bit of granola.
The number of servings this makes will depend upon the size of the fruit you use.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Native Americans cooked their corn right in the husks over an open fire, and we think their idea is still best, 'cause it helps bring out flavors you can only get from roasting. We love making our Husky Roasted Corn right on the grill in the summer, and in our ovens when it's cooler out!