Watermelon: Enjoy It All Year Long - 30 Easy Watermelon Recipes from Mr. Food Free eCookbook
Pickled Watermelon Harvest
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 4 cups
- CHILL TIME
- 8 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 1 Hr
- READY IN
- 9 Hr
Now there's another reason to be wild about watermelon! Our Pickled Watermelon Harvest recipe is a tangy, sweet, and spicy combo of pickled watermelon rind, cauliflower, and carrots. This healthy go-along relish will wake up your taste buds in a flash!
What You'll Need:
- 9 cups water, divided
- 3 cups 1-inch chunks peeled watermelon rind (see Tips)
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced into 1/2-inch chunks
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 3/4 cup white vinegar
- 3 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon whole cloves
- Zest of one orange
What To Do:
In a large pot over high heat, bring 8 cups water and the watermelon rind to a boil. Boil 15 to 20 minutes, or until rind is fork-tender; drain and return rind to the pot.
Add remaining water, the carrots, cauliflower, vinegar, sugar, cloves and orange zest; bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and cook 35 to 40 minutes, or until liquid has thickened slightly, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Transfer to an airtight container and chill overnight before serving.
- To prepare watermelon rind for this recipe, cut up a watermelon, separating the sweet pink meat from the white rind. Use a vegetable peeler to peel the green skin off the rind, then cut the rind into 1-inch chunks.
- For more watermelon recipes and tips, visit www.watermelon.org
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This stick-to-your-ribs Tex-Mex casserole gets its name from the biggest ranch in Texas (and the world!) -- King Ranch! Our recipe for King Ranch Casserole is big on taste and sure to satisfy your gang's big appetites. With chicken, cheese, tomatoes, and more, there's no way you could pass on this Texas favorite!
- Mini Fruit Tacos
- Fresh Fruit Shell Salad
- 34 Easy Apple Recipes
- Star Spangled Parfaits
- Can't-Miss Peach Recipes: 20 Easy Recipes with Peaches
- Pasta Fruit Salad
- Fabulous Fruit Salad Recipes: 9 Fun Recipes for Fruit Salad
- Watermelon Pie
- Watermelon: Enjoy It All Year Long - 30 Easy Watermelon Recipes from Mr. Food Free eCookbook
- Country Fruit Stand Salad