Watermelon: Enjoy It All Year Long - 30 Easy Watermelon Recipes from Mr. Food Free eCookbook
Plantation Fruit Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
It's no wonder this was a popular snack on the plantations of the deep South. Even before we had refrigeration, everyone enjoyed the cool refreshing taste of fresh fruit! And today, we still love these same flavors...with a few little extras thrown in!
What You'll Need:
- 4 large Red Delicious apples, cored and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 4 oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 4 bananas, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 pears, cored and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherries, quartered
- 1 cup mayonnaise
What To Do:
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except mayonnaise.
- Add mayonnaise and gently mix to coat fruit pieces. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This stick-to-your-ribs Tex-Mex casserole gets its name from the biggest ranch in Texas (and the world!) -- King Ranch! Our recipe for King Ranch Casserole is big on taste and sure to satisfy your gang's big appetites. With chicken, cheese, tomatoes, and more, there's no way you could pass on this Texas favorite!