Watermelon: Enjoy It All Year Long - 30 Easy Watermelon Recipes from Mr. Food Free eCookbook
Saucy Apples 'n' Pears
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 5 Min
- COOK TIME
- 5 Hr 15 Min
- READY IN
- 5 Hr 20 Min
Cooked and served directly from the slow-cooker, our versatile and delicious Saucy Apples 'n' Pears dish can be served as a side dish or, even better, as a fruity dessert.
What You'll Need:
- 3 cooking apples, cored, peeled and sliced
- 3 ripe pears, cored, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 (3-inch) sticks cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
What To Do:
- Place the apples and pears in a 5-quart slow cooker. Sprinkle with raisins.
- Combine syrup and next 3 ingredients, stirring well. Pour syrup mixture over fruit; toss to coat. Tuck cinnamon sticks into coated fruit mixture.Cover and cook on LOW setting 5 hours.
- Combine cornstarch and water, stirring until smooth; gently stir mixture into fruit.
- Cover and cook on HIGH setting an additional 15 minutes or until thickened; remove cinnamon sticks. Serve warm over ice cream or waffles; sprinkle each serving with pecans.
Store leftovers, covered, in the refrigerator. Reheat in the microwave until warm; avoid stirring as much as possible, so as not to break up fruit. You can also serve this as a side dish with pork chops or pork tenderloin. And, when entertaining the gang, serve this fruity dish directly from the slow cooker so that it stays nice and warm.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Who says pie has to be served on a plate? Try this whimsical way and get ready for all sorts of praise! Our Key Lime Pie in a Jar is citrusy, creamy, and downright delicious You might want to make a bunch of 'em 'cause they're super portable, practical, and perfect for setting out at parties.
- Can't-Miss Peach Recipes: 20 Easy Recipes with Peaches
- 34 Easy Apple Recipes
- Watermelon: Enjoy It All Year Long - 30 Easy Watermelon Recipes from Mr. Food Free eCookbook
- Fabulous Fruit Salad Recipes: 10 Fun Recipes for Fruit Salad
- Pasta Fruit Salad
- Watermelon Pie
- Five Star Apple Tart
- Summer Ambrosia
- Fresh Fruit Shell Salad
- Blueberries 'n' Dumplings