Watermelon: Enjoy It All Year Long - 30 Easy Watermelon Recipes from Mr. Food Free eCookbook
Sauteed Brown Sugar Pears
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 15 Min
- COOK TIME
- 11 Min
- READY IN
- 26 Min
Pears: one of the most underrated fruits. If you're secret pear fanatics like us, then we know you're going to love the combination of warm spices in this fruity ice cream dessert. Saute the pears in a skillet, add the designated spices, and serve warm over vanilla ice cream. Doesn't that just sound like a trip up to dessert heaven? What are you waiting for then? Make this pear recipe today!
What You'll Need:
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 Anjou pears, peeled and cut into eighths
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Vanilla ice cream
What To Do:
- Sprinkle lemon juice over pears. Melt sugar and butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat 2 minutes or until melted and smooth, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low; add pears, and cook, stirring often, 6 to 8 minutes or until pears are tender.
- Whisk together cornstarch and 1 teaspoon water in a small bowl. Stir into pear mixture, and cook 1 minute or until thickened. Remove from heat, and stir in vanilla extract. Serve with vanilla ice cream and gingersnaps.
If you have more people for dessert, this recipe can be easily doubled.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Who would've thought that with just 4 ingredients you can make the tastiest shredded pork ever, and right in your slow cooker, too! Our Down-Home Shredded Pork gets it's special flavor from a combination of BBQ sauce and root beer, and when ya slow cook it for hours (like we do) you can bet those flavors are really going to come through.
- Can't-Miss Peach Recipes: 20 Easy Recipes with Peaches
- 34 Easy Apple Recipes
- Pasta Fruit Salad
- Watermelon Pie
- Fried Apples
- Watermelon: Enjoy It All Year Long - 30 Easy Watermelon Recipes from Mr. Food Free eCookbook
- Country Fruit Stand Salad
- Watermelon Salsa
- Summer Ambrosia
- Fabulous Fruit Salad Recipes: 10 Fun Recipes for Fruit Salad