Watermelon: Enjoy It All Year Long - 30 Easy Watermelon Recipes from Mr. Food Free eCookbook
Spiced Fruit Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 2 1/4 Cups
- 3 Min
- COOK TIME
- 8 Min
- READY IN
- 11 Min
We guarantee you've never had a fruit salad recipe like this before. We've mixed in a few interesting ingredients to give this fruit salad recipe a unique punch of flavor, perfect to serve up at your next tea or other sophisticated event. Ready to impress a few folks? Then this fruit salad recipe is just what you've been searching for.
What You'll Need:
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 star anise (see note)
- 1 orange-and-spice tea bag
- 1 cup fresh orange sections
- 1 cup fresh grapefruit sections
- 1 cup cubed fresh pineapple
What To Do:
- Bring first 3 ingredients to a boil in a small saucepan; boil, stirring constantly, until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat, and add tea bag; cover and steep 5 minutes. Remove tea bag, squeezing gently. Cool.
- Remove and discard star anise. Toss together fruit and tea mixture. Cover and chill 8 hours.
It's shaped like an 8-pointed star and imparts licorice flavor to this fresh fruit salad. Look for star anise in the spice section of your supermarket.