Watermelon: Enjoy It All Year Long - 30 Easy Watermelon Recipes from Mr. Food Free eCookbook
Spiced Fruit Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 2 1/4 Cups
- 3 Min
- COOK TIME
- 8 Min
- READY IN
- 11 Min
We guarantee you've never had a fruit salad recipe like this before. We've mixed in a few interesting ingredients to give this fruit salad recipe a unique punch of flavor, perfect to serve up at your next tea or other sophisticated event. Ready to impress a few folks? Then this fruit salad recipe is just what you've been searching for.
What You'll Need:
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 star anise (see note)
- 1 orange-and-spice tea bag
- 1 cup fresh orange sections
- 1 cup fresh grapefruit sections
- 1 cup cubed fresh pineapple
What To Do:
- Bring first 3 ingredients to a boil in a small saucepan; boil, stirring constantly, until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat, and add tea bag; cover and steep 5 minutes. Remove tea bag, squeezing gently. Cool.
- Remove and discard star anise. Toss together fruit and tea mixture. Cover and chill 8 hours.
It's shaped like an 8-pointed star and imparts licorice flavor to this fresh fruit salad. Look for star anise in the spice section of your supermarket.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Can't-Miss Peach Recipes: 20 Easy Recipes with Peaches
- 34 Easy Apple Recipes
- Pasta Fruit Salad
- Watermelon Pie
- Fried Apples
- Country Fruit Stand Salad
- Watermelon Salsa
- Watermelon: Enjoy It All Year Long - 30 Easy Watermelon Recipes from Mr. Food Free eCookbook
- Summer Ambrosia
- Fabulous Fruit Salad Recipes: 10 Fun Recipes for Fruit Salad