Watermelon: Enjoy It All Year Long - 30 Easy Watermelon Recipes from Mr. Food Free eCookbook
Summer Citrus Mold
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Summer Citrus Mold will convince you that a chilled gelatin go-along for a summer get-together is the perfect way to say, "It's summer and I'm loving it!"
What You'll Need:
- 1 (4-serving) package lime-flavored gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest (see Note)
What To Do:
- In a small bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Remove from heat and gradually stir in the half-and-half and vanilla. Add sour cream; mix well. (Mixture will appear curdled.) Chill for 15 to 20 minutes, until slightly thickened.
- With an electric beater, beat until mixture is smooth then stir in the strawberries and lemon zest. Pour into a 9-inch pie plate and chill for 3 hours, or until firm.
What's lemon zest? Zest is the flavorful outside skin of citrus fruit. You can grate the citrus skin to get the zest, or it can be removed from the citrus with a gadget called a zester that's designed to remove the thin skin without going too deep and getting the bitter white skin.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Cupid's Love Pies are a great way to share the love with friends and family, especially when they're made with lots of love. Bake these heart-shaped hand pies, filled with creamy chocolate hazelnut and strawberry jam, and get ready to receive lots of hugs and kisses!