Italian BLT Bread Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 10 Min
- COOK TIME
- 5 Min
- READY IN
- 15 Min
Take this favorite sandwich and turn it into a favorite salad. BLT is always everyone's first choice.
What You'll Need:
- 1 (8-ounce) Italian or French bread loaf, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1/2 pound fresh mozzarella, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 cup olive oil-and-balsamic vinegar dressing
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 10 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place bread chunks on a baking sheet, and bake at 400 degrees 5 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Combine mozzarella and dressing in a shallow dish or resealable plastic bag; cover or seal, and chill 1 hour.
- Toss together bread, olives, next 4 ingredients, and mozzarella mixture. Let stand 20 minutes. Serve over lettuce, and sprinkle with crumbled bacon.
The oven is a great tool for cooking batches of bacon ahead. Place bacon slices on the rack of a roasting pan, and bake at 400 degrees F. for 20 to 25 minutes or until crisp. While bacon cooks, you're free to prepare other ingredients. Or, if you're in a super hurry, use your microwave. Ten slices will take about 7 to 9 minutes in the microwave.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.