Tossed Garden Salad
- 4 Min
- READY IN
- 4 Min
During World War II, many Americans who didn't ordinarily grow their own produce planted small kitchen gardens to produce their own vegetables. This fresh veggie salad can remind us of these victory gardens...and, no, you don't have to make it with home-grown vegetables - unless you have them on hand!
What You'll Need:
cup vegetable oil
cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
pound fresh green beans, trimmed, cooked, and chilled
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, cut into wedges
- 6 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 medium head iceberg lettuce, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1 large tomato, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 large cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
What To Do:
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, dill, salt, and pepper until well combined.
- Place the remaining ingredients in a large serving bowl; toss lightly.
- Drizzle with the oil and vinegar dressing and serve immediately.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES