Crown Roast of Lamb
Looking for the crowning touch for your special meal? We've got the easy way to look like a fancy restaurant chef with our simple yet elegant crown roast of lamb recipe. Easter will never be the same at your house!
What You'll Need:
- 1 (2- to 2-1/2-pound) crown roast of lamb (see Tips)
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 1/2
teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 1/2
cups cooked rice
pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Coat a shallow roasting pan with cooking spray; place roast in pan.
- In a small bowl, combine oil, 1 teaspoon salt, and the pepper; mix well then rub over entire roast.
- In a medium bowl, combine rice, mushrooms, parsley, butter, and remaining salt; mix well then place in cavity of roast. Wrap ends of rib bones with aluminum foil to keep them from over-browning.
- Roast uncovered for 1 to 1-1/4 hours, until a meat thermometer registers 160 degrees F. for medium, or until desired doneness beyond that. Transfer roast to a serving platter and allow to stand 15 to 20 minutes to firm up before slicing between the bones (see Tips).
- If you don't find a crown roast of lamb at the supermarket meat counter, ask the butcher to prepare one for you. Before serving, be sure to discard any string that may have been used to tie the roast together.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
04 14 14