Curried Lamb Stew
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This Indian-inspired dish is a true culinary delight. With recipes like this, nobody would ever think of stew as boring!
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 2 1/2 to 3 pounds boneless leg of lamb or lamb stew meat, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup ready-to-use beef broth
- 2 apples, cored, peeled, and coarsely chopped (see Tip)
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat. sauté the lamb chunks and onions for 12 to 15 minutes, or until no pink remains in the lamb.
- Stir in the flour, then the broth. Add the remaining ingredients; mix well.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 1 hour, or until the meat is fork-tender.
Preparation Tip: Granny Smith apples are one of the best types to use for this recipe.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Ever heard of a "pizookie" before? It's basically a big pizza-shaped cookie, and if you think that sounds good, then you're gonna LOVE our stuffed version! Our Candy Bar Pizookie features your favorite candy bars, and a chocolaty, nutty topping that just really puts this cookie over the top!