Curried Lamb Stew
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This Indian-inspired dish is a true culinary delight. With recipes like this, nobody would ever think of stew as boring!
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 2 1/2 to 3 pounds boneless leg of lamb or lamb stew meat, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup ready-to-use beef broth
- 2 apples, cored, peeled, and coarsely chopped (see Tip)
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat. sauté the lamb chunks and onions for 12 to 15 minutes, or until no pink remains in the lamb.
- Stir in the flour, then the broth. Add the remaining ingredients; mix well.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 1 hour, or until the meat is fork-tender.
Preparation Tip: Granny Smith apples are one of the best types to use for this recipe.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.